stabilization programmes implemented in Iraq. He/she will be responsible and accountable for promoting, developing and implementing the full range of EF stabilization services in Iraq, within the overall EF’s mandate, strategy and framework. He/she will provide the necessary support to the deployment of EF’s intervention in Iraq and North East Syria.
Working under the authority of the Stabilization and Resilience Head of Unit within P2S Department, and in close collaboration with other departments of services of the agency, the Programme Director will carry on the following tasks:
Operations Management (50%)
- Coordinate the implementation of the overall EF programme in Iraq and NES ensuring timely and quality programme delivery;
- Support and accompany project managers and partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning of their activities;
- Support project managers in troubleshooting operation issues arising from different project contexts;
- Ensure that project monitoring cycle defined by the agency is respected and play an active role in these exercises (monthly reporting to HQ, annual and semestrial reviews)
- Ensure compliance with EF guidelines, policies and procedures at all stages of programme implementation;
- Ensure programme steering mechanisms are in place with full participation of local authorities, donors and other stakeholders involved;
- Ensure that donors’ reporting cycles are respected and sent in due time and as per contractual requirements
- Report regularly to the Head of Stabilization and Resilience unit (P2S) and other interested partners on progress achieved and developments in Iraq and NES;
Portfolio Development and follow-up of strategies, policies and programmes (20%)
- Develop and maintain a medium and long-term strategic positioning for EF in Iraq and NES
- Identify and develop new stabilization actions in Iraq and NES in close coordination with relevant stakeholders in both Iraq and NES and contribute to fundraising strategies to fund such projects;
- Contribute to support the development of non-stabilization concept notes relevant to both Iraq and NES contexts, with the concerned departments and services at EF HQ
- Monitor the evolution of the context and needs in Federal Iraq, KRG and NES and ensure that EF strategy and programmes implementation reflect these changes of context;
- Monitor the government policies affecting the activities of EF in Iraq and make recommendations for appropriate action;
- Ensure EF's interventions in Iraq are aligned with the framework of European institutions, EU member states and other international agencies orientations.
Administrative, Financial and HR Management (15%)
- Follow-up on EF’s registration process in Federal Iraq, and ensure that EF’s registration in KRG is valid and up-to-date at all times.
- Manage existing project management and support teams based in Erbil and possibly in the rest of Iraq (direct line management);
- Supervise the recruitment of local staff required to manage programmes and support management teams and assess the level of skills required as the programme develops;
- Set-up and supervise the related human resources, budgetary, financial and administrative capacities of the Erbil office in accordance with EF's regulations and procedures;
- Develop and strengthen internal rules and procedures through the application of EF tools, forms and policies in order to better structure the field office and ensure compliance to EF and donors’ regulations;
- Ensure that a clear organogram exists, roles and responsibilities of office’s staff are defined and the work interactions, management and functional lines within the office are clear to all
- Organize frequent staff meetings to ensure coordination of tasks and proper communication on work-related issues
- Carry out regular performance appraisal for each employee under direct management of the Erbil Office;
- Maintain good and efficient work conditions in the Erbil Office, in order to meet programme objectives;
- Supervise Support Services Unit in ensuring that financial and accounting processes are in place, including cash management and ensure cash is available for operations at all time;
Fundraising and Representation (10%)
- Resource mobilization: explore funding opportunities to ensure continuity of current project and develop EF portfolio in Iraq
- Maintain and further develop liaison and close working relationships with the French embassy in Bagdad and the Consulate General of France in Erbil;
- Represent EF at the local and national levels with the public authorities (Federal Iraq and KRG), implementing partners, the European Commission, UN agencies and international donors;
- Broaden network of contacts among government officials, diplomatic missions, international Organizations and other partners.
- Liaise and coordinate with EF’s Regional Coordinator in the Middle East to regularly inform on Iraqi and NES Programming and potential developments
Security management (5%)
- Ensure that safety and security procedures are in place for EF personnel and facilities, in coordination with the Security Manager at HQ level;
- Authorize missions for local staff and sign mission order when relevant
- Coordinate with HQ and safety department for international staff mission within Iraq and liaise with French embassy when relevant
- Liaise and coordinate with Safety Officer in Beyrouth on monitoring the security situation in Iraq
- Provide briefings and background information to all in-country expatriates and short-term experts upon arrival;
- Ensure adherence of all EF staff and short-term experts to security procedures in place in all field locations and during their field movements;
- Monitor developments in the security situation and update security plans accordingly;
Contribute – with the Safety department – to the development of a security plan to elaborate on the pre-conditions, mitigations measures and modalities under which EF projects would operate in an evolving environment.
Expertise France local office in Erbil, Iraq has been formally open in January 2019. EF’s stabilisation programme is based on a development of a multi-sector intervention model, depending on the context of intervention (Iraq vs NES) and specific needs. The current programme encompasses:
- The YANHAD Project – funded by the EU and the French MFA for a total of 6.5 million euro and delivering 3 components:
- Support to Iraqi youth’s employability in particular for the youth of the universities of Ninewah and Mosul
- Support to the civic engagement of youth within Iraqi’s society
- Foster youth’s entrepreneurship
The project has started in January 2019 and will end in June 2022.
Other stabilization initiatives are being developed, and could complement the Iraqi Programme in the future.
- The HERNES II project – funded by the EU and the French MFA for a total of 6.5 million euro, supporting primary health and neonatal care services in Raqqa, Deir-ez-Zor (DeZ) and East Aleppo governorates; the project also aims at contributing to a better technical coordination between health providers within Syria, by bringing expertise.
The SABIR Project - with financial support from the French MoFa, for a total of 2.2 million euro and developing an area-based approach around the district of Al Kesra (DeZ governorate) to support local CSOs and NGO in providing basic services, rehabilitation and livelihoods to host and displaced
Date limite de candidature : 20/12/2021 17:03