Type de contrat
Systèmes de santé
Date limite de candidature
Département Santé - DEPSAN > Bureaux Santé
Mis en ligne le : 24/10/2023
Expertise France's Project Manager in Liberia will have the following responsabilities:
§ He/she will directly manage a team of approximately three people;
§ He/she participates in the recruitment of all technical experts in coordination with Expertise France headquarters;
§ He/she reports directly to the Head of AGA pole at headquarters. He/she works with a Project Officer as well as with a Technical Advisor at headquarters and may also liaise with Expertise France's cross-functional departments as required (legal affairs, financial affairs, communications, monitoring and evaluation, etc.).
§ He/she is responsible for coordinating the planning and phasing of interventions, and leading the implementation of the three project components in a timely manner;
§ He/she supervises the logistics associated with carrying out activities (events, training courses, conferences, study trips, etc.);
§ He/she plans project steering committees in collaboration with EF HQ team and ACF field and HQ teams;
§ He/she supervises activities relating to communication, visibility and monitoring-evaluation including updating the Expertise France M&E and project tools;
§ He/she organizes project reviews in collaboration with the HQ team and based on the EF operational calendar.
Monitoring, evaluation, reporting:
§ He/she oversees the project's progress and the quality of deliverables, intermediate and final technical and financial reports, and annual financial audits;
§ He is in charge of consolidating internal narrative and financial reports;
§ In collaboration with the project & MEAL officer, he/she tracks project indicators in line with the project logframe.
§ He/she validates the procurement plan in collaboration with HQ project team and support services;
§ He/she is in charge of validating contracts and purchases according to Expertise France’s regulations and validation thresholds, in collaboration with HQ project team and support services;
§ He/she monitors project expenditure, consolidates the project budget (forecast), and updates a workplan for field disbursements (cash flow);
§ He/she ensures compliance with Expertise France's administrative and financial procedures.
External communication and representation:
§ He/she represents Expertise France with all the relevant stakeholders, and participates in the project's various governance mechanisms;
§ He/she participates in coordination meetings with ACF throughout the project duration.
§ In collaboration with the project team, he/she identifies and communicates priority needs and requests for support;
§ He/she contributes to the identification and development of partnerships and project opportunities related to the project;
§ He/she contributes to the development of Expertise France's strategy in Liberia
§ He/she must strictly follow the security guidelines provided by Expertise France’s Security Director
He/she must provide EF Project Manager and Security Director at headquarters any relevant information likely to have an impact on Security and Safety management of staff, materials and facilities in a timely manner.
Expertise France (EF) is a public interministerial agency responsible for technical cooperation which provides project engineering and technical assistance worldwide. EF operates in various fields of development and institutional cooperation including safety and security reform, post-crisis/ stability, public health, human rights, strengthening of institutions and NGOs and governance. Carrying out large-scale, multi-stakeholder programs, EF supports cooperation between individuals, teams and institutions with very different statuses, cultures and specialties. EF has acquired a sound experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale international programs.
Between 2020 and 2022, Action Against Hunger (ACF) implemented an AFD-funded project in Liberia as part of the "Health in Common" (SEC) initiative which aimed to strengthen health systems across the counties of Montserrado, Margibi and Nimba. Based on this experience and the positive feedback from the MOH and CHOs, AFD will fund a new program implemented by ACF and Expertise France.
Expertise France has developed a project aiming to strengthen the Ministry of Health coordination and oversight role at national level, the leadership, management, and governance skills at sub-national levels and improve quality of training offered in nursing and midwives’ schools in the three counties of Montserrado, Margibi, and Nimba including six districts and 25 health facilities. The project will complement the interventions package proposed by ACF Liberia and both EF and ACF will coordinate the implementation of their activities.
Qualifications and skills
- A degree in medicine, health sciences or political science with a specialization in health policy, with 6 years proven experience in health project management, including experience in Africa;
- Good command of strategic policies in the field of human resources for health;
- Good command of cooperation mechanisms, international aid and international cooperation stakeholders;
- Ability to lead and guide change, define objectives and lead teams through organizational changes despite complex challenges;
- Ability to conduct high-level dialogue with institutional partners, as well as with civil society and the private sector;
- Ability to mobilize, maintain, coordinate and lead networks of players (experts, institutional players, civil society, authorities, etc.);
- Excellent command of project management in the health sector;
- Excellent multidisciplinary and multicultural team management/coordination skills;
- Excellent ability to build relationships of trust with national and international partners;
- Very good written and oral communication skills (drafting of technical, strategic or activity reports linked to the implementation of a project, drafting of information notes or articles), formulating positions and presenting them to authorities;
- Significant experience in facilitation, tools and techniques for participative work;
- Excellent command of cooperation mechanisms, international aid and international cooperation actors;
- Strong analytical skills and sense of initiative, autonomy and responsiveness;
- Very good command of office tools, in particular Excel and Word;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken), command of French is a plus.
- Proven experience in human resources for health strategy and policy
- Knowledge of Liberia health system.
- Experience working with multiple partners from different countries, governmental and non-governmental organizations and sectors.
- At least 6 years' experience in technical assistance project management in the field of international health cooperation;
- At least 2 years of substantial field experience as a project or team leader and/or coordinator on a large-scale institutional technical assistance or capacity-building project;
- Experience working in a Ministry of Health in relations to leadership, management and governance is a plus.
Duration and location
Estimated duration of the mission is three years.
The Project Manager will be based in Monrovia, Liberia with field trips to project locations.
Desired start date: January 2024
Type of contract: fixed term
Salary: based on Expertise France’s salary grid
Documents to be provided:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references including e-mail and telephone contacts
Application deadline: November 15, 2023.
Candidates interested in this opportunity are invited to submit their application as soon as possible.
Expertise France can pre-select candidates before this date. If you do not receive a reply from us within 3 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful.
The selection process will take place in two stages:
- A shortlist will be done by Expertise France.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview by videoconference.
The selected candidate will be accompanied by Expertise France, through an integration/training phase.
Date limite de candidature : 30/11/2023 09:38