Type de contrat
Contrat de prestation de services
Date limite de candidature
Durée de la mission
Indépendant / Entrepreneur Individuel
Département Santé - DEPSAN > Pôle Renforcement des systèmes de santé
Mis en ligne le : 26/09/2023
II. Objectives of the Assignment
The main objectives of this assignment are as follows:
1. To collaborate with relevant stakeholders in Rwanda to develop a detailed project proposal that aligns with the country's healthcare priorities and the goals of improving manufacturing capacity and access to vaccines, medicines, and health technologies.
2. To ensure that the project proposal is well-structured, evidence-based, and includes a clear project design, budget, and monitoring and evaluation framework.
Strategic support and structuring of the response:
- act as EF's point of contact with other member states and the DUE
- to set up, support and lead technical groups on the topics EF wishes to support, in particular training and research aspects
- organize involvement and feedback to government partners, including a wrap-up workshop mid-october bringing together all the stakeholders involved
Technical support on key themes
- Understanding of all stakeholders and initiatives already in place or planned in the area as well as GoR's vision of the response required to achieve its objectives
- Provide technical expertise, recommendations and expert guidance on the selection and prioritization of activities in higher education and research
- Assess project proposals related to manufacturing and access to vaccines, medicines, and health technologies in terms of feasibility, impact, and alignment with Team Europe's priorities
- To ensure that selected projects are well-aligned with local health needs, sustainable, and capable of achieving long-term impact.
III. Scope of Work
The scope of work for the expert supporting proposal writing includes, but is not limited to:
1. Collaborating with government officials, healthcare experts, and relevant stakeholders to gather information and insights on Rwanda's healthcare needs and priorities.
2. Reviewing available data, reports, and studies related to healthcare, manufacturing, and access to vaccines, medicines, and health technologies in Rwanda.
3. To establish a mapping of the actors in connection with the theme of the project to be implemented in the fields of R&D, High Education, TVET...
4. Developing a comprehensive project proposal that includes an executive summary, problem statement, objectives, activities, budget, timeline, and a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan.
5. Ensuring that the project proposal is aligned with international best practices and donor requirements and alignment with MAV+ Team Europe's objectives.
6. Preparing comprehensive project appraisal reports for each workshop, including recommendations for funding and implementation.
7. Preparing and conducting workshops and a wrap-up with all stakeholders involved mid-october
The deliverables for this assignment include:
- Technical assessments of project proposals.
- Comprehensive project appraisal reports for each theme (Higher Education, R&D) included Rwanda stakeholders and activities already existing
- Recommendations for activities prioritization and identification of European partnerships
- A detailed project proposal document that is ready for submission
V. Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is expected to start on October the 1st and finish on November 30th for a maximum of 30 days. Including 20 days minimum in Kigali. The duration may be subject to extension if required.
VI. Reporting and Coordination
The expert will work directly with the Twinning Project Manager, based in Kigali, and in close collaboration with the identified EF/MEAE resource persons; The expert will be in regular contact with the project team at the headquarters in Paris, and in particular the Project Manager of the health department of Expertise France.
The expert will report directly to the Project Manager of the Health Department of Expertise and will work closely with the relevant Team Europe representatives, GoR representatives and relevant local stakeholders.
Context and Background
In response to the call by African leaders under the African Vaccine Manufacturing Partnership (AVMP), in May 2021 the European Union launched a Team Europe Initiative (TEI) on manufacturing and access to vaccines, medicines and health technologies (MAV+) in Africa. The Team Europe MAV+ initiative is regional and has three dimensions: supply (production), demand (ensuring the use of products manufactured in Africa) and enabling environment (improving pharmaceutical and healthcare systems, skilled workforce, regulatory frameworks, etc.). As part of Europe's "Global Gateway" strategy and the EU-AU partnership, this initiative aims to provide comprehensive support to remove barriers to manufacturing and access to healthcare products and technologies on the continent, in support of its pharmaceutical sovereignty.
In line with this commitment, technical assistance is required to support EF in formulating a joint project in Team Europe format aiming at supporting Rwanda in the field of manufacturing and access to health products.
VII. Qualifications and Experience
The expert should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A pharmaceutical background
- Higher Education and Research Expertise, especially in the field of healthcare and pharmaceuticals. This includes familiarity with academic institutions, research methodologies and university level teaching
- Access to medicines knowledge with understanding of the challenges related to access to medicines, both globally and within the specific context of Rwanda.
- R&D Experience: Expertise in research and development processes related to pharmaceuticals and healthcare (clinical trials, drug development, innovation in healthcare)
- Training and capacity building skills
- Proven experience in proposal writing, particularly in the healthcare sector.
- Familiarity with Rwanda's healthcare system and priorities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in English
- Previous experience working with international organizations and donors is an advantage.
Send your complete application on line (CV + CL)
Le processus de sélection des candidats s'opérera selon le(s) critère(s) suivant(s) :
Date limite de candidature : 05/10/2023 16:57
Document(s) joint(s) : TDR expert EF MAV Rwanda_VF.pdf