Expertise France is looking for a Knowledge Management and Communication Expert (senior level) to implement the knowledge management (KM) and the communication and visibility (C&V) strategy of the Resilient Food Production (RFP) component of the Euroclima+ Program, among relevant stakeholder groups of the 18 Latin American countries covered by EUROCLIMA+. The consultant will be responsible for:
- the elaboration and implementation of the detailed knowledge management operational plan of the component (40%), based on the general operational plan of the TA Strategy (particularly line 4 focusing on knowledge management and communication and visibility);
- the implementation and periodical update of the operational plan of the Communication and visibility strategy of the RFP component (35%);
- the coordination with the EC+ Secretariat on C&V and KM topics at Programme level (25 %).
The consultant will be expected to review and periodically update the operational Plan of the existing communication and visibility strategy of the RFP component and lead its implementation. He / she will be expected to elaborate the detailed operational plan for the knowledge management of the RFP Component, and ensure its implementation in order to (1) strengthen knowledge management capacities at project level, (2) ensure the systematization and aggregation of lessons learnt and good practices generated by projects, (3) identify knowledge management priorities related to products and media for dissemination, in coordination with the capacity building expert of the RFP component.
To carry out these activities, the consultant will work under the supervision of the Expertise France Project manager in charge of TA coordination for the Resilient Food Production Component. He / She will be part and work in close coordination with the EF TA team, composed of:
- Project manager in charge of TA coordination for the RFP Component;
- Senior expert on knowledge management & capacity building for the participatory development and implementation of the Technical Assistance Strategy of the RFP Component;
- Junior communication expert, responsible for providing operational support to KM and C&V activities of the RFP Component.
The list of deliverables below covers the minimum expected and will be extended by further specific deliverables to be discussed upon demand with the project team.
PART I – Implementation of the Knowledge management strategy and operational plan (40%)
Based on the TA strategy of the RFP Component, the general EUROCLIMA+ Program Knowledge Management Strategy, and the existing C&V strategy of the RFP Component, the consultant will elaborate and implement the detailed operational plan of the knowledge management for the RFP Component, considering the following activities:
- Conduct a participative evaluation of knowledge management capacities of RFP projects management units (SWOT analysis).
- Coordinate with the programme secretariat and other relevant actors in EUROCLIMA+ to define the scope of the knowledge management plan.
- Coordinate with the team members of the funded projects and the TA of the component, to jointly identify the main milestones and knowledge products to be developed during 2020 and 2021, and include them in the strategy and operational plan.
- Elaborate a guideline for knowledge management at project level and organize technical aspects of virtual trainings on knowledge management to strengthen project capacities.
- Elaborate a way forward for knowledge management at component level, based on the analysis of knowledge generation potential at project level, to define priority topics for systematization (case studies, lessons learned, success stories, good practices, etc.) and formats according to EC+ target audiences;
- Elaborate the knowledge management operational plan and ensure its smooth implementation, with clear definition of responsibilities for each task (Senior expert, Junior Expert, EF Coordination Team, other short-term experts, etc.), clear deliverable outcomes, indicators, processes, tools and budget, including detailed resource needs (human and financial) and timeline;
- Propose different modalities for peer-to-peer learning within the component (webinar series, newsletter, communities of practice, collaboration tools, etc.) and elaborate formats for knowledge management products for e.g. the documentation of best practices and lessons learned in close coordination with the team of the component and the programme secretariat, taking into account the products and formats that other components might be developing;
- Provide Technical Assistance and accompany the funded projects in the design and development of knowledge products, by strengthening their Knowledge management capacities (toolbox, trainings, etc.);
- Identify platforms and networks for knowledge products sharing;
- Guarantee the management, classification, organization and availability of the knowledge products in the platforms indicated by the contracting authority,
- Participate to periodical reporting to EU on knowledge management aspects;
- Provide technical specifications for ToRs for externals consultants who shall deliver services and products related to knowledge management;
- Coordinate activities with senior expert on knowledge management / capacity building for the participatory development and implementation of the Technical Assistance Strategy of the RFP Component.
PART II – Implementation of the Communication and visibility strategy and operational plan (35%)
Based on the general EUROCLIMA+ Program Communication Strategy and Operational Plan, the existing C&V strategy for the RFP Component, and the TA strategy for the RFP Component, the consultant will:
- Revise and adjust the C&V operational plan of the RFP Component, with clear definition of responsibilities for each task (Senior expert, Junior Expert, EF Coordination Team, etc.), clear deliverable outcomes, indicators, processes, tools and budget, including detailed resource needs (human and financial).
- Ensure the smooth running of all activities planned in the C&V operational plan, including international travel if necessary.
- Coordinate the RFP C&V Community of Practice, to provide support to projects communication officers by strengthening their C&V capacities and knowledge of EC+ branding.
- Develop key communication messages for reproduction in presentations, conferences, workshops, annual meetings and speeches by Expertise France and the GIZ.
- Develop indicators to monitor and evaluate the progress of communications activities, in order to measure the impact on achieving the overall objectives (support the process of learning and innovation).
- Monitor public perception, mass media and reports, at component level and project level;
- Participate to periodical reporting to EU on communication aspects.
- Provide technical specifications for ToRs for externals consultants who shall deliver communication services and products;
- Support the junior communication expert in the development of user-friendly and high quality information and communication materials (newsletters, content for the website and social media, etc.).
- Support the EF TA Team with the promotion and documentation of virtual and face-to-face events.
Part III – Coordination on C&V and KM with the EC+ Secretariat and other components (25%)
- Participate in coordination meetings with the C&V and KM staff of the EC+ Secretariat and report on it to EF Coordination team.
- Support KM and C&V activities led by EC+ Secretariat at Program level.
- Ensure the visibility of RFP activities at the Program level (EC+ Secretariat, EC+ intranet).
The EU Regional Program in support of Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation in Latin America is entering its third and new phase, 2016-2020. The new program EUROCLIMA+ will promote policy dialogue as well as provide technical and financial support to the development and implementation of climate change adaptation and mitigation policies in the Latin America region. It is designed to assist Latin American countries in the implementation of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. EUROCLIMA+ will address the needs in the following sectors considered by representatives of the region as of particular relevance for climate change:
- Forest, biodiversity and ecosystems;
- Urban mobility;
- Disaster risk reduction and management: drought and floods
- Resilient food production;
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Water management in the context of urban resilience;
- Climate governance (horizontal component) with a special focus on the promotion of NDC- Implementation and regional Cooperation
The objective of the Resilient Food Production (RFP) component of the EUROCLIMA+ Programme is to finance and support initiatives that increase the climate resilience of sustainable agricultural production systems and agro-food chains in Latin America. The RFP component is structured around two implementation tools:
- Funding (call for proposals) for a pipeline of innovative and relevant projects emanating from a wide range of stakeholders (governmental organizations, NGOs, research networks climate change national policies and plans) and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- A dedicated Technical Assistance (TA), which will be flexible enough to ensure it addresses the priorities of the Latin American countries in general and of the projects funded through EUROCLIMA+.
The RFP component is jointly implemented by GIZ and Expertise France. Project funding is led and managed by GIZ while the Technical Assistance is managed by Expertise France in direct coordination with GIZ. Seven projects started activities in May 2019, three projects started on January 2020.
A TA strategy was designed in coordination with key stakeholders of the RFP component (project implementing agencies, National Focal Points and Sector Working Group). Communication, visibility and knowledge management at project level and component level is an important part of this technical assistance. TA is provided through different modalities, including:
- Studies/assessments of experts to generate knowledge, analysis and vision oriented to the successful implementation of development actions;
- Consultancies provided by experts to facilitate development processes (upscaling, institutional strengthening governance, etc.);
- Capacity building through training courses to develop technical, management and learning competencies (on the individual, institutional and society level)
- Peer-to-peer Learning (exchange, analysis and adaptation of knowledge/lessons learned/good practices) through dialogues, study visits, communities of practice/learning;
- Organization of technical workshops at regional level;
- Development of communication and visibility as well as knowledge management tools and products.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Knowledge management; Journalism; Communication; Development Communication; International relations or other relevant fields.
- Excellent command of online communications tools and awareness campaigns.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish, written and spoken.
General and specific professional experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in knowledge management and communication within the field of international development, with a proven professional record producing a wide range of communication tools and supports, and with a good knowledge of media technology, web-based management systems, social media for public information/advocacy, strong ability to translate technical information into a wide variety of target groups.
- Experience in designing knowledge management strategies and operational plans
- Experience in communication and knowledge management related to agriculture and climate change is an asset.
- Knowledge of the EU communications framework
- Previous experience with an European project is considered as an advantage
- Experience in public relations and external communication, dissemination campaigns and awareness-raising
- Display of sensitivity regarding sustainable development, indigenous and gender issues.
Interested consultants should submit below mentioned documents before April 5th, 2020, 23:59 CTE.
- An updated CV (Maximum 3 pages)
- An application letter including remuneration requirements (daily rate) and contact information of at least three work-related referees
Applications must be written in English or Spanish and sent via Expertise France website.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview. Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.
Date limite de candidature : 05/04/2020 23:59